Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas is in the air!

This is one of my absolute favorite time of year! Snow is on the ground (ok maybe not yet but it may be coming soon!), people are busy busy and doing a ton of shopping and viewing of Christmas decorations. I love Christmas carols and lights on trees and big gawdy looking blow up snowmen in the yards. Its all just GREAT. I especially love watching the magic of Christmas through a childs eyes. Having my old Children has made this holiday much more enjoyable. Georgia loves it as much as I do. She gets super excited to see people have put their lights up and loves to tell everyone what we got them. She loves Santa and had a great time seeing him at the Mall and telling him, "My baby name Lorelei".
Obviously we have not forgotten what this holiday season is truely about. Church is seen differently by Tom and I. He likes going to Church and while I dont mind going, I don't feel I have to go to Church in order to have a relationship with God. You may not agree with me or my beliefs (which believe it or not arent that much different then most peoples) but it works for me. Both our children are baptized Catholic (which my family wasnt too thrilled about) b.c it was important for Tom. Which Im ok with. Its not that I dont believe you should be baptized I just think it should be left up to the individual. I dont believe someone should impose their beliefs on someone else child or not. I'm still a spiritual person just dont feel it needs to be so structured. I hope I dont sound like a devil child. haha
I love God. I believe in Jesus. I dont know bible stories but I do believe in a higher power. THERE does that work. haha So, Georgia and Lorelei know what Christmas is really about. They know that a baby was born and that this baby saved ALL the children. (How much do you expect an almost 3 year old to understand haha)
We did take the girls to Toms chruch the other day and both did very well. I thought for sure Gigi would yell out at her granddad (Big Mike) since he was an Usher or that Lorelei would scream in the middle of it. But neither did it and I was very proud of them.
We recently went to a farm in Middleburg and cut down our own Christmas tree. (dont get me started on the bugs ew) here are some pictures for you to enjoy!

0 comments: